what is really nessisary?

i have gone through about 8 million lists and had the same amount of friends tell me everything i need to have for when my baby comes. i know i need the car seat a place for him to sleep, clothes, diapers but can anyone tell me what things are really needed when he first comes home? i really want to just know the baasics for now the extras can always come later i hope! thanks

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sorry i can not spell
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• A few, age appropriate toys when he/she gets a little bit older (like a month), simple rattle, snap chains in plastic designed to dangle toys.
    If the baby is born in the winter, the handiest thing I had gotten was a car seat cover, which was fleece insulated, went over the entire car seat, with a little opening for the head. FANTASTIC, and saved a bundle on blankets and laundry.

Things other people said were necessary that I didn't want were changing table (I used the crib), diaper depot (we used the trash), and so much more junk.

The thing you didn't list was crib sheets and blankets, including receiving blankets. I needed those more than anything. Good luck!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 1:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• When he comes home all he needs is clothes, diapers, food and your love. All the toys and accessories can wait. Hell, when I was newborn I slept in a dresser drawer padded with blankets for the first 2 months of my life until my mother could get me a crib. Did I know the difference? No.

If you are strapped for cash really you can do with just about nothing when you and baby come home. Also, try looking around on Freecycle.com, or your local thrift shops, you can find some stuff super cheap or free for baby.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Make sure you obviously have enough diapers, everything he needs to be washed, some but paste in case of irritation, A NEWBORN FIRST AID KIT (which should include a pacifier which is also a thermometer) and all the love you can give him :)

Good question, I've been trying to figure out the same thing for so long, and I'm almost done with everything on my list :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 1:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Diapers, Anything else is luxuary.

Car Seat.. Also necessary.

A Pack N Play is nice, they have them so it is a bassinet/changing table/play pen and the pack up tight so you can travel if you need too. That was probably my favorite.

More than anything they just need you and the world is a perfect place!
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 1:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Diapers and wipes.
    Car seat
    Pack and play is so convenient to have when visiting friends and family
    Clothes and receiving blankets anything else is just an added bonus.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Diapers, wipes, rash cream, baby wash, onesies, sleepers, receiving blankets and regular blankets, bottles if you're not BF, and a carseat. My pack n play had a bassinette and changing table with it and I loved it. He slept in it in our room for the first 3 months, then we moved him to his crib. I wouldn't worry about a pacifier.... the ones they give you in the hospital are great! Mine never took them after the first 6 wks, so any I bought were a waste.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• YOU WILL NEED CRIB OR BASSINET, CRIB OR BASSINET SHEETS MAYBE 3, BLANKETS, FORMULA IF NOT BREASTFEEDING, NURSING BRA IF YOU ARE, BOTTLES, BOTTLE BRUSH, NIPPLES, BURP CLOTHES, CLOTHES - WEATHER APPROPRIATE, CAR SEAT, CAMERA!!, COMFY CLOTHES FOR YOU!!!, BOPPY (PERSONAL PREFERENCE), DIAPER BAG, DIAPERS, WIPES (DON'T WASTE $$ ON A WIPE WARMER!!), DIAPER CREAM, NAIL CLIPPERS!! AND BABY PERSONAL HYGENE KIT (MY SON CAME OUT W/ LONG NAILS), TOWELS AND WASH CLOTHES, BABY BATH KIT AND TUB, TOYS - RATTLES. I THINK THAT'S IT.
    just1moment

Answer by just1moment at 6:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• OH A STROLLER HELPS TOO YOU CAN GET THE CAR SEAT STROLLER COMBO. PACK N PLAY (PERSONAL PREFERENCE AGAIN)
    just1moment

Answer by just1moment at 6:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My baby list is really short. A sling, a car seat, some clothes,diapers, baby soap and boobs. Nothing else needed at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2008