Has anyone read Malachi Martin's Hostage To The Devil? And if so what are your thoughts on it...

deals with possession (real) and exorcisms

disturbedplanet

Asked by disturbedplanet at 1:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have not read that book. I know that people can and are afflicted by the enemy though. I guess I get enough of this in my everyday walk and in the Bible that I don't feel a need to read this stuff. You have to be careful what you introduce into your life/home.
    Anonymous

• I do agree that you must be careful but think of it this way: Just as one such as myself fully believes and praises God and Jesus, one must also be aware, acutely aware of evil. It's mentally and emotionally draining when dealing with that stuff either in real life or even reading about it as I have but I have become so much more knowledgable and it has even enhanced my spirituality and my faith in God. Evil, as described in this book is very confusing and can even be masked as something good and pure. That is why I highly recommend this book and also People of the Lie by Dr. Peck ...it also explains evil from a different perspective. Very thought provoking and enlightening. Thanx for your answer.
    disturbedplanet

Answer by disturbedplanet at 10:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2008