How come when you tell a guy your pregnant or that you had his baby that they go running for the hills and you dont hear from them ever again???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• "keeps herself from getting pregnant?" are you kidding me? Guys have just as much responsibility to prevent pregnancy as girls do!!!
    If she ends up pregnant, it's not just her fault! She wasn't the only one there. And anyone can tell you it takes TWO to tango...two to get pregnant. Guys in general do not want to be saddled with the responsibility of providing for or taking care of anyone (not even themselves half the time) and since they can split and be done with it, that's what they do.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 4:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• men don't, boys do. there's a difference.... and my ex was there for mine...we only split when I left HIM when I was 4 months pregnant with our second.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• They DO????
    Well, see....THIS is why I aways advise girls to get married first, see if the marriage is solid and THEN get pregnant. Then you can be 99% sure that "your man" won't run off....get it?
    He gets the milk free so why would he buy the cow and have to take care of the offspring? He's an immatue selfish jerk. Couldn't you see that ? ANd if so, why didn't you use birth control?
    These are all valid questions so don't bash me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• uhm, yeah. That's never happened to me.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it's because they want the free sex but not the responsibility of a family. So as long as a woman keeps herself from becoming pregnant, these guys will enjoy the party. Once there's a hint that something more might be expected of them, they take off to the next woman who is willing to provide them with free sex.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Because you're sleeping with the wrong guys! Maybe get to know them a little before spreading your legs, and you'd know if they are the type to stick around, or not.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That has not been my experience.  My husband and I planned our children together and he was thrilled when I was expecting.  He has been a wonderful father to our girls.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it's about how mature they are, I know older men that would run the other direction too, if the possiblity of having a baby came into the picture. I was 5 months when my boyfriend left me. we weren't married and certainly were not ready for a baby, but that's no reason to high tail it out of there either.
    No offense to the others no here, but it doesn't matter if your married or not when you get pregnant, the same thing can happen too; my mom was married and her husband left her with 3 young boys to raise. So I'm guessing whether married or not, the outcome can still be the same.
    And not all men are like this, having a baby separates the men from the boys, and the women from the girls. It's a big step no matter what the circumstances are.
    countrymama2011

Answer by countrymama2011 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That's just the assholes who do that.. Every guy dnt do that..
    Damorion2010

Answer by Damorion2010 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Because instead of asking yourself if the person you're about to bang would be a good candidate for fatherhood, including a modicum of enthusiasm about it and the deeply-held belief that the main side effect of Sex is Babies, you're asking yourself if he'll like you better if you pony up the poontang.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2011