Pregnant & I think hubby is having a slight mid life crisis.....

My hubby is 41 and I am 34 we have a 5 year old and I am due in Sept. He has always been one of these men that looks and acts younger than he is. In high school he didn't do typical teenage stuff, didn't drink or party. He never took a sip of alcohol until he was 29. He married his high school sweetheart at 24 and divorced her at 29. So he did start dating and drinking then. He is a good husband and wonderful dad but I can tell that this second baby is making him feel old (this baby was not planned, he didn't want any more). The past two weekends he has went to the lake and got drunk, I wasn't there either time. And he keeps making comments about being old. I say who cares, be glad you have lived to be almost 42 and have a good job and loving family. He says he knows once the baby gets here, life is going to change again and we won't have babysitters and be able to go and do like we are use to now. Should I just let him be or have a talk with him????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• That's what happens when people spend so much time in their lives being all for themselves and starting a family later in life. I know sometimes there isn't a choice because we weren't blessed by the fertility fairy, but at least those that are in that situation already have a mindset to being a family and not being selfish. We look for a time that we are retired, or close to it, young enough to do things and when babies come that late, it's hard to see being young enough for me time again. People get so used to spending 30 years of their lives not having responsibility for anyone but themselves. It's also the age. I'm in my 40s and make comments about being old too. I'm actually more active and healthier than most 20 year olds, but it doesn't make a difference when I look in the mirror.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• that's when you tell him he had 37 YEARS do to out and do what he wanted to do...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I hope your situation gets better, he might need a few moments to deal with things, I have a nine year old son and Im 33 and I found out I am pregnant, and Im excited, however I do catch myself saying, Oh my heavens I forgot what its like to have a baby, how demanding its going be, its not because im not excited, or thrilled, im just nervous, and its how I deal with it, maybe this is his comping ablilitys for the moment, he cant do it forever, let him have a little time and then say grow up life isnt over, and kids keep you younger, good luck
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sounds like a midlife crisis! Sorry Honey! Big HUGS!
    blessmeplease

Answer by blessmeplease at 11:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2011