I need advice My sister told me she wanted nothing to do with me nor my fam?

My sister told me she wanted nothing to do w me or my fam. but I had already shopped for her n her family's gifts I told my husband I was going to ask a friend to deliver the presents and he answered didnt you get the point with what she told you already and advised me not to even worry about giving her her gifts I understand and all the things she told me really hurt my feelings got any advice please help????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• My sister (16) had told me the same thing. After heartache after heartache of trying to get her "back" I finally told her that she was always welcome at my house, no matter what, and assured her I would stop trying to contact her. It is my hope that someday she will want to be my sister again (btw - nothing happened between her and I for her to "disown" me and my family)

The only thing that you can do is let her know you will always love her, she is your sister no matter what, and let her have her space.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Not to be mean, but there must be a reason? Give her her space, maybe she'll change her mind, or maybe not. And I would just return the gifts and concentrate on making my own family happy.
    Anonymous

• yeah be the better person and give her the gifts if already bought,, dont try to contact her, just drop them off, dont expect change but dont stoop to her level, jmo
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I'd donate the toys and gifts. There are plenty of ppl who need and would appreciate them and maybe in time your sis will come around.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I suggest to not give her the gifts. She doesn't want anything to do with you and giving gifts will just irritate her. I was in a similar situation with a (now former) friend. I cut off contact and she kept calling and emailing and I finally had to be really direct and yell and say mean things just for her to get the point. Leave her alone. I realize she's your sis, and that makes it harder but the meaning is the same.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008