Bifurcation for my divorce HELP please?

I'm Pro-se and in need of anyone that can help me in wording a Motion for Bifurcation. I'm 2 1/2 years into my divorce. My STBX is crazy and due to his instablity and physically harming our DD we need a GAL. Well! Our first GAL pulled out because of STBX's threats and crazy behavior.

I just want to be divorced. I do not work and am broke, child support is hit or miss. I left him due to Domestic Violence. The whole thing is a long story, I'm in IN and just want it to be over.

Next court date is in October and it's only another pre-trial. SIGH! HELP!

blessmeplease

Asked by blessmeplease at 10:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I wish I could help, but here's a bump and a prayer.*hug*
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Try seeing if there is a paralegal service in your area. They really cant help and dont charge much at all.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• hope everything works out for you, Im not sure what in the world to do good luck
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I guess I should say that I did have an atty, but lost my job right after my maternity leave. I couldn't pay him, despite him saying he would do it pro bono. I have been to legal services and they say they do not have the man power to take my case right now. I've been to them 2 times over the past year. SIGH! I think they heard how crazy my STBX is and are scared off.
    blessmeplease

Comment by blessmeplease (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Try contacting a family service agency. They specialize in dv and have the resources to point you in the right direction.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thanks BluDog. I was referred to the lawyer that I lost and to the legal services. I have filed a few hearings on my own, but when I asked about filing a Motion for Bifurcation I was told I need to have it done differently then I have filed my other papers in the past.
    blessmeplease

Comment by blessmeplease (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• what is Bifurcation? never heard of that? if he is a threat to you and your children, you should get an order of protection. i don't understand why your divorce would take so long, knowing he is harmful and even the GAL quit on you.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011