Does anybody else really hate breastfeeding and staying home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL! You mean the combination goes hand and hand? I didn't like breastfeeding for several reasons one of which was because I felt tied down. I tried it, but I didn't feel like my daughter was getting full enough. On the other hand, I only like to stay home about two days a week and then I am quite bored and ready to get out!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• You don't need to stay home to breastfeed. I love breastfeeding, it's easy and healthy. If I'm out and about and my son needs to nurse, I just nurse. I've never had any negative experiences.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I didn't like breastfeeding at first... but I stuck with it because I knew it was best for my baby.... and now I really enjoy it. It's hard when you are tired and it might be painful (it was for me to start) But give it time. If you really hate it... then don't do it, you want a happy relationship with your baby... you might want to see if you like pumping and try that... or formula if it's just not working out for you. Breastmilk is best... but unlike some mom's on here will try to tell you, it's not poison! And when I was on leave... I was ready to go back to work! I was BORED! Although I wasn't ready to leave my baby with someone else.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I know where you are coming from. I hated being stuck in the house because there was nothing to do - everyone else was at work! And I wont say I hated it, but it was hard being the only person able to feed my baby. When I started pumping that all changed, cause my bf could get up at night and feed her too, which helped stop feeling like I was all alone raising her.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Nope, I wouldn't change it for the world! Breast is best. I also enjoy being able to stay home with my son. DH and I both had parents who worked full time and we hated it. We hated the day cares and the babysitters. To each it's own though.
    Rachie7987

Answer by Rachie7987 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I didn't like breast feeding because my son was in the N.I.C.U. and I wasn't producing as much as I should have so it made me feel even more of a failure as a mother because I blamed myself for his premature birth. I had to stop because I close to stopped producing altogether. I think had the birth been normal I would've been happier with it and the problems wouldn't have been as discouraging.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I meant the combination of the two, not that you HAVE to do both... I somehow got pressured into both.
    Anonymous

• We simply cannot afford daycare, I wouldn't make enough money working for it to make sense... and our retired parents live too far away to be a childcare option.
    Anonymous

• WELL TO ME DAYCARE AND FORMULA ARE JUST TOO EXPENSIVE SO I AM A SAHM AND I EBF AND I DONT MIND IT SOMETIMES I WISH HE WOULD HURRY UP AND FINISH EATING SO I COULD DO OTHER THINGS BUT I DONT HATE IT.......
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• No! I love both things. I woudln't change it for the world.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008