What is your experience with price matching at Walmart?

I want to try this next shopping trip. My walmart price matches to other stores even as far to the closest city. Any tips or positive experiences?

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• i was fathers day shopping a few weeks ago and used this..it worked great for me saved me about $30 but the cashier was a little confused on what she was supposed to do and called the manager etc and she approved the sale..but im still not to sure the cashier was happy about it lol
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I never did that!
    blessmeplease

Answer by blessmeplease at 10:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Store policy is that you have to have the print ad with you, so go prepared with all the circulars you need.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Just make sure you have the competitors ads that you want to match. Also, be aware of their limits on price matching. I think at our store it is a limit of 6 of each item you are price matching.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Even when our local WalMart wears the shirts saying they match prices, a few of them get bent out of shape when I approach them nicely about it.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• you have to take the ad with you, i got a couple of the big boxes of luvs for $11.98 each
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Some cashiers are helpful and some are jerks about it from all the experiences my friends have had. I have not done it yet and I think you should print out they're coupon policy that will have rules about it because sometimes when they are lazy they will try to say that the policy has changed when it hasn't.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I never take an ad with me(even though you should) I get everything price matched and have never had any problems with it. I sometimes shop at Meijer and they have sales that are not printed in the ads so I just tell the cashier @ Walmart and they still match it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• They don't match buy one get one free deals or percentage off deals (example 25% off Huggies diapers). Just warning you before you fill up your cart.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011