Did any of you moms try acupressure? Did it work?

Do you have to be dilated cause I'm just about 40 weeks and I haven't been checked but was thinking of trying it on my due date....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• good luck havent done this ill give ya a bump
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• On women in labor it has, yes.
    On those not in labor, no.

You don't need to be checked, it doesn't tell you info you can use for anything. Safer to avoid it.

Remember that 40 weeks is the MID-point within the average (estimated) due period (38-42 weeks). Intervening in the normal process adds unnecessary risks.

We know how to make and grow our fetus, we also know how to bring them out~~
    Women have been doing this successfully for thousands of centuries.
    ;-)

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wait it only works if you are already in labor? Then why would you try it and how do you know its the acupressure that is making you have baby?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Because we are in the hospital, in labor. Moms labor is slowing and other things are ramping it back up.

Not to "induce" but to augment.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Oh okay.. interesting. I had thought it induced. Thanks for your help! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well it *could*
    But in regards to experiences, like you'd asked, that's what I have done.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have had reflexology done on my feet for the past 3 weeks, I also got to a Chiropractor once a week. Im 38wks and i got to the doctore tomorrow to see how Im progressing. Since I started the reflexology I've dialated to 4cm and my back pains are minimal.
    Good Luck
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• oh, and you are welcome!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My husband studied how to use acupressure to induce labor all day one day and that night, he got a sitter, planned this whole night of relaxing, warm bath, red wine, got some special essential oils, used the acupressure he learned for like an hour and some other things later... I definitely noticed the acupressure brought on contractions. Keep in mind I was 41 weeks and was already having them anyways. I don't think it induced labor at all but it really did get things going a little more. The thing that REALLY brought on the labor was a few days later I went on a LONG uphill walk with my friend. I had my baby the next morning.
    MandyP27

Answer by MandyP27 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011