Have any of you ever lived, or currently live, in a city where a murder trial was broadcasted on the television?

Laci Peterson Trial
Casey Anthony Trial

etc..

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing too "big" name recently. We live in Coldwater, MI, and my uncle is getting a new trial for the murder of my aunt. Foley trial.

Also, we had Jack Kevorkian in our local prison and there was a big to-do with the media when he was released. He's dead now, I think.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• years back went to one day of a big trial in person (boyfriend at time was prelaw)

bambenick (sp?) trial (25 ish years back)
    run bambi run
    anyone remember? (wisconsin)
    she was married to cop, cops ex wife was murrered in her own bed, the kids saw entruder and said it was a man dressed as woman, but the cops wife went to prison, later escaped and on the run for years, caught, back to prison, releaased years later - she died last year
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes it was my 2nd cousin who was the murderer :( Micheal Gentile killed Melissa Gosule in Pembroke Massachusetts. It was very sad but I didn't really know him.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes. In fact the murder was committed in my front yard. We were called as witnesses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes. A sleepy little town where this young mother drowned her two young children by sinking her car in a local lake and saying a black person stole her car. With the kids in it. Went national.
    Anonymous

• Nope, in fact, I live on AF base.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• she was never cleared
    i think she was not guilty
    i think her cop husband did it or had a cop friend do it
    the kids said certain it was a man dressed as woman
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i live in Tampa, so none that happened in my area that i'm aware of. But our local news channel does show the highlights of the casey anthony trial on the evening news. i pretty much leave In Session on all day though and catch bits and pieces of it. the judge ruled that she's competent enough to stand trial... very interesting.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes. We used to live in Dayton, Ohio. China Arnold~ baby was microwaved....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011