What should I do with these onions? :{

I brought home a brand new bag of onions, and left it in the plastic grocer's bag when I put it under my counter. Now most of them are moldy. :\ I was successful in wiping the moldy spots off, and I know I can just cut off that part eventually when I'm ready to cook them, but what's happened is the little spots of mold has eaten through to the next layer of the onion, exposing a moist little section where the mold was. Will they mold again, or do I have to do something special to keep this from happening again? I'm not leaving them in the grocer's bag anymore.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Eww! I would throw them out. But maybe some people use them after they mold...idk
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Slice the up very thin, put them in a pot with a little olive oil and salt on very low heat and let them cook all day. Then make a loaf of lovely bread and you'll have onion butter to spread all over your yummy bread.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Make French Onion soup-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Mold spores are tiny. When you see them on the surface of something, that means they've already populated the entire interior of it, and are now growing outward on the surface. In other words, for every spot you can see with your naked eye, there are already thousands inside that aren't big enough yet for you to see. That's true whether it's vegetables, bread or fruit. You can't cut it away - it's already full.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011