Haircuts

How much do you pay for your children's haircuts? My dd's hair is long...almost to her butt. My hubby took her for a trim not long ago and they styled it. (they curled it) He paid $60 for it. I was mad. I just can't see paying that kind of money for an 8 year olds hair cut. Hell I don't pay it for mine. Anyway...I didn't really say much about it... Then we washed it and brushed it out and it is crooked as all get out. I wanted him to take her back and either have them fix it or get our money back. He doesn't feel we should do that.

What do you think?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• $60 for a KID's HAIRCUT??? OMG!! I would definitely take her back and make them fix it. That is insane!! GO now!! Good luck!
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I pay about $10 for my son's hair cut. They do a good job. My husband has problems with finding someone to cut his hair right. He gets a high and tight and no matter who he goes to they always get the fade wrong or cut it uneven. He is not an ass about it but he just points it out and they try to fix it. Sometimes he doesn't notice until he is already home and he goes back. For your daughter, I would go back and have them fix it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• omg you got gypped!!!!!! My boys get their hair cut at the barber which is $8 plus tip. I used to work at super cuts and I don't think I EVER did a cut/style on a kid more than $20
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My Son's haircuts are free and done with Love - I do it at home and have since His first! I'm pretty good, too..everyone always compliments His hair, but not before His handsome face, awesome personality, brilliance and comedicness. =]
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 11:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would definitely take her back and have them fix it. You paid $$ for the styling, but you did request a trim, and if it is crooked, they should make it right. The sooner you go back, the better your chance that they will fix whatever is wrong with her hair.

BTW, I just had mine trimmed at WalMart, there is a young lady there who has been cutting my hair for the last 2 and a half years, she does a great job, and I pay about $16 for a hair cut and wash, about double that for haircut, wash, and blowdry/style. Of course, this is in rural central FL, but still... $60 to curl the kid's hair! I think that's rather pricey. I have paid $60 to have mine cut and colored, and that included a wash and dry.

Good luck to ya! I'm betting you'll be taking her to have it done from now on. I think they saw your husband coming... :)
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't normally take her to that place. Normally either my sister or sister in law do it. But DH took it upon himself to take her. He did not request thy styling.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Hello, Hairstylist here, and it sound like she got the "works",, I would call the salon and ask them to fix it, and (I bet) someone asked your husband if he wanted it dried and styled,,,I would never just do that without asking the parent if they wanted it. I child with that kind of hair is no different than an adult with that type of hair, I charge less for kids that just get a buzz or a bang trim, and will do a basic wet cut on a girl with thinner straight across the bottom hair. I charge the same for a child with a more complicated cut the same as I would an adult. but momma you just take her back to the salon, call them and tell them you just want it evened up, and there should be no problems.. Men sometimes feel odd, and don't know that when you get the works that it is going to cost more,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I cut my son's hair at home but the girls go to Great Clips. I think their hair cuts are $15. I won't pay more than that. But when I take them in it's to get CUT, not trimmed. If I want it trimmed I do it at home. I go to the same place. I've never had my hair styled or the girls. We just go for cuts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I take DD to a decent chain salon...I think I pay $18 or so but it's only every 3-4 months. My boys go to Cost Cutters or Super Cuts and it's cheaper, around $10.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't care if it is a $10 hair cut, if it is not right, you go back and get it fixed. Every stylist I have ever been to gives a full WEEK for free fixes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011