Tell me wat you think this is plz:)

ok this is my first pregnancy, so i really dnt know much about pregnancy but this was going on last night, let me start off saying im 36 weeks ( turn 37 tomorrow) and last night i kept having those contraction (braxton hicks thangs) and its painless. It lasted for like 1-2 mins and it kept coming like every 5 or 7 mins. and now it just continued the same thing like last night. i dnt wanna go to the doc and end up getting sent back home. i have a docs app tomorrow, so should i wait and ask my doc or go ahead and call l&d and see wat they say????

kaydence111

Asked by kaydence111 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd call the doc to see what they want you to do :) good luck!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Labor contractions get longer, stronger and closer together. If they're not doing that, your body is just warming up. You can use www.contractionmaster.com to time them and see if they are.

Also, at 36-37 weeks a doctor is probably not going to stop your labor if it IS starting, and the longer you're in the hospital the more likely you are to end up with a C-section or have other interventions. Stay home as long as possible, until you can't speak or walk through contractions at least, and if this is your first, unless it's going super fast, even after that.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would chug some water. Take a rest and see if the intensify. Either way if they are not getting closer together then I would wait until your appointment. It sounds like your body is just practicing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Go ahead and call the dr and let em knw wats going on. Good luck and update when u can.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If they are contractions, real ones and right now they are painless then you are just starting labor and they would send you home. If you call the doctor and tell them what is going on they might want to see you anyway just to make sure. Since it is monday they might not make you go to the hospital because the doctors office is open. Honestly if they arent painful and arent getting stronger or getting painful I'd just wait until tomorrow for your appointment. Try resting and see if that helps. If you are going into labor you wont miss it :) But if you want to ease your mind, call the doctor and see what they say.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• thanks ladies...ill update u
    kaydence111

Comment by kaydence111 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011