Just a rant!

So aggravated!!!! Why is is that people have to act like they do? My stepmom of 21 years(since i was 5) is being a total pain in the butt. She would rather spend time with her neices than she would with her kids/grandkids. She talks about them all the time and makes time in her busy life(school/work) to go shopping with her neice, go out to eat with her friends, but can NEVER have anything to do with us. Maybe I am just jealous but i think this is bullshit!!!!!! Both of my bio parents are deceased so maybe i should just say to hell with her and "her family"

tiffany0507

Asked by tiffany0507 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• if shes going to act like that, I wouldnt put in much effort. See her on holidays and special occasions. And when she decides she does want a relationship with you, make her earn it.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• this has been going on since my daddy passed away 4.5 years ago! At my wits end!
    tiffany0507

Comment by tiffany0507 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• *hug*
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• maybe she has a hard time being around you because you remind her of your dad.. call and set up a lunch or dinner outing with her on her schedule that works for both of you..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i have tried that and she always has an excuse as she has school or has to work the next day. DH and I actually invited her and her new husband out for supper but couldnt because she had to work the next day. Called her later that night and she was out to eat with her mama and daddy as a "spur of the moment thing!" i am tired of making efforts to be a part of this womans life when apparently she wants nothing to do with mine!
    tiffany0507

Comment by tiffany0507 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Maybe you should just give up and focus on your family. I would be a smartass though and send her a sympathy card pertaining to her death to you....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Id say screw it, you're stressing yourself out more just worrying about it and honestly its not worth it like mlmkjw said, see her on holidays and special occasions keep it at that till she decides to pull her head outta her @$$
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• sounds like she doesnt want the new hubby affected by kids from her previous marriage, bitch is what she is honey.. i agree send a sympathy card and tell her how sad you are she's dead...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree, I would just back off and stop trying to contact her. I would let her contact you for any future engagements. A thought that comes to mind, maybe she feels that since your dad is gone that your bond that ties her to you is gone. If you haven't, tell her you still value her relationship and that she is still important to you. Then I would just back off and let her come to you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011