Vomiting bile

I am 29 weeks along. Yesterday my stomach was uneasy all day. I eventually ended up vomiting alot of bile (no food). This is the first time it happen. I felt bad the rest of the day. Today I am feeling better but unsure of what would cause this. Anyone have any experience with this. Especially in the 3rd vs 1st trimester.

J.P

Asked by J.P at 11:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You'll vomit bile when your stomach is empty. See if you can eat some soda crackers, but as long as you are able to keep food down and aren't running a fever - "morning sickness" can be anytime during your pregnancy and can be a simple change in hormone balance that triggers it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Around that time your gallbladder may not function normally! So eat very lean foods, watch the fat! Your gallbladder may not be processing it! Ask your doctor to check it, it can cause complications with pregnancy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yep the last Mommy is right. Morning sickness can come and go throughout pregnancy. Some are lucky and only get it in the first trimester, some it comes and goes and some have it all the time. It is just hormones. Then as far as bile goes that is what is going to come up if there is nothing else in your stomach. Bile is no fun at all.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I had gall bladder issues throughout pregnancy and that is not something I would jump to, conclusion wise.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i had gall bladder problems while i was pregnant with my son and threw up like that.. so while it might just be morning sickness you might ask your doctor to ultrasound your gallbladder next time you go in just to be sure...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thank you ladies. I have a Dr. app today at 4:00 and planned on mentioning it. Just wanted to get some first hand advice before then. Thanks again.
    J.P

Comment by J.P (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Happened to me all the time actually. Just try to always keep a little something on your stomach.

Answer by gemgem at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yep yep with both of my pregnancies if there isnt something on my tummy ill throw up bile....its yucky stuff! and just makes you feel rotten. if i feel sick and just dont wanna "give" up food and make it chunky i drink water which kinda makes it hurt less if i end up throwing up. but def try to keep something on your tummy, crackers, fruit,anything, and if you get to feeling sick my mother in law swears to suck on a peppermint
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011