8 Month old STILL not sleeping through the night

I have an 8 month old baby boy and he still is not sleeping through the night. We've tried giving him a bath before bed, giving him rice cereal before bed (which made him wake up more), Less napping during the day, everything and nothing is working. First he'll wake up playing and talking then he'll start to cry after about 15 minutes. We get up usually around 3am and make him a 9oz bottle and he goes right back to sleep. I dont know what to do. Any advice??

USAFWifeMS

Asked by USAFWifeMS at 2:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you feeding him any solids besides rice cereal? Because that is not going to keep a growing boy full throughout the night, but an actual feeding right before bed works for my 7month old.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• my 3 year old daughter still dont sleep through the night so i cant help sorry
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• my 4 yr old still doesnt sleep threw the night, so get use to it!
    Anonymous

• Maybe try oatmeal or just regular jar food. Rice can upset some babies' stomachs, which could be keeping him up. Is he teething? That could be a factor as well. Good luck to you.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 2:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i give him 3 jars of baby food a day. He's such a hungry boy and he has bottles as well. He is teething but he's been on this same sleep wake up scedual since he was born. It's rough
    USAFWifeMS

Answer by USAFWifeMS at 3:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Some kids are just like this. My 2 youngest boys still very rarely sleep through the night. They each get up at least once. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, or how much you feed them. That's just their nature. I'd say just let him do what's right for him.
    Anonymous

• the best advice i can give you that someone gave me is that the sleep the get throughout the day will effect the sleep the get at night. if your baby naps well then they will sleep well. if you disrupt their naps, they will overtire themselves and not be able to sleep at night. put baby down for nap or start bedtime routine (which should be the same thing every night) at the first signs of sleepiness, like rubbing their eyes or face and/or yawning.

rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Well, I can tell you that this is something you don't just have to deal with. There are things you can do to fix this. I would suggest getting your baby on a consistent routine. Not too late to start. You can message me for more help. I can promise you that a schedule is the first step to getting your little one to sleep all night.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2008