is the word "aswell" even a word?

is that how u spell it or it goes seperated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It's not a word. It should be "as well".
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• What caitxrawks said, or if you're talking about the ocean, "a swell."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• haha..that's like the post i saw yesterday titled 'overwellmend!' ....i had to laugh at that one.
    Anonymous

• Its like alot. Which should be a lot. For example, she has a lot of kids.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 2:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The retarded way to spell 'as well'. Despite what some people may think, 'aswell' is two separate words in any case, rather than just in a sentence containing 'as well as'.

Lol Got this from Urban Dictionary!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thanks for the education srhmldndo. Your use of the word "retarded" shows just how smart you are.
    And of course, aswell is not a word. People make gramatical mistakes on here all the time, probably ridiculously assuming that other readers have something better to do then pick their grammar and spelling errors apart.
    Anonymous

• didn't you see she got it from the Urban Dictionary? Jeesh!!
    from webster's --- slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress
    Sounds accurate to me.
    And I'm not being insensitive. I have a MR aunt who I love and respect very much.
    Anonymous

• Anon 2:10, it's not a lack of something better to do, but rather the impossible task of ignoring blatant misuse of the language, the rules of which are taught in elementary school. So, unless these mamas dropped out of school in early elementary, there really is no good reason for not using those rules. So while I'm at it, the word is "than" not "then" as in, " . . . readers have something better to do then pick their grammar and spelling errors apart."

I enjoy a well written sentence.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• ^^ I have a degree in English, poor grammar drives me insane.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I've been overwhelmed and I've been underwhelmed..but can you ever just be welmed? lol

salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2008