asking

my 4 yearold wants to sit in the high chair is it wrong if i let her how is it hurting anything all she is doing is watching tv this way lol

Autumn634

Asked by Autumn634 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd suggest trying to limit her high chair sitting as she's old enough to learn how to sit properly in a normal chair or on the couch. My kids never used a high chair really so it seems you have the opposite problem of mine lol. As long as she isn't using it as a crutch and you can remove her from it or put it away without her freaking out I don't think it's going to inhibit her intelligence or anything.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 6:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I don't think this is a problem at all. If she wants to sit in it, then let her, what could it hurt??
    Anonymous

• I would let her sit..but I would give her playdough or something constructive to do while in it. IMO a 4yr old should not be watching that much t.v.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My daughter wanted to do this when I was watching a baby. I think she was just being possessive of it being hers. I let her sit in it after trying to get her not. It did not last. It's perfectly harmless. It was easier than trying to convince her that she was a big girl and too big for it. She just wanted to feel that it was okay to get the attention that the baby was getting while in it.
    kimereal

Answer by kimereal at 6:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• She probably just wants to explore and try something she's not used to. I'd let her, but not constantly. Just occasionally.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i had the same prob with my son... so i went and bought him a fold up lawn chair with his favorite cartoon on it and he loves it calls it his movie chair!
    shreveskids

Answer by shreveskids at 9:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• so many criticising women out there you should let her sit wherever she is happy, its ' not hurting anything her sitting in the high chair and watching some cartoons , whats the big deal?? i see nothing wrong with it

but i gotta agree with the play dough or clay idea . that's creative

rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2008