How often do you exercise?

I have a hard time getting in an hour! How do you get in more then an hour? I'm envious with those that run, do workouts at home or gym.

blessmeplease

Asked by blessmeplease at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 2-4 hours a day 4-5 days a week. Warm up, strength training @ home (when kids were babies) followed by 45-60 min of Cardio(during nap time).. Sports (volleyball, etc) 1-2 days a week. Then in the afternoon, my daughters and I play tennis, golf (walk carry bags), or ride bikes.... All sports I have taken them to since they were 9 weeks old. IMO, the key is to make it a part of the family activity~ so they have always known physical activity is a part of our family. Plus, my husband is amazing at helping out with house/kids to make sure I meet my daily goals. (1) make it a priority. (2) have a good support group (3) focus on small milestones.. Check out Women's Health Mag online. ¬†Great short workouts. (4) Make exercise a family activity, so kids learn to understand the importance.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My dh and I go walking/jogging every morning 4X a wk.
    4miles. You just have to make time and want it really bad. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I exercise almost every day. I vary my workouts, Curves, Zumba and TurboJam DVD's at home, treadmill, weightlifting.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I workout three hours or four hours a day six days a week because I schedule it and I am training for my very first triathlon

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I exercise every day, after the kids are ready and have eaten breakfast, they get to watch some cartoons. While they're occupied I run in my basement for about 20 minutes and I have a routine of weight training exercises that I do that take about 20 minutes. To change things up, occasionally I'll pop in my tae bo workout video and just do that instead.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Good question! Very glad to help out with my Experience.
    I am addictive with exercise now because I enjoy and addicted with the great and wonderful energy for whole day if I did running in my neighborhood in the morning. And Now I have form a habbit.
    You are not alone, I did have hard time to get up and be persistant exercise in the beginning.
    There are couple steps of planning, based on my experience:
    1. buy a treadmill with monitor or screen, so that I can watch movie or listen motivational music while I am exercising
    2. 3 days a week for 30 - 40 minutes to start with
    3. if I did not exercise for couple weeks, I will try to come back treadmill again
    4. attend some earlier morning courses or meeting or bible studay to help myself to practice get up early
    5. I started to feel the need of breathing some fresh air, therefore, I start to run outside the neighborhood
    Good luck to you! YOU CAN MAKE IT!
    Linda5416

Answer by Linda5416 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I try to everyday but some times its hard to get a work out in if I have a head ache or just dont feel good ( I have a really bad sinus infection right now so its messing with me )
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• SO and i walk every night.. great time for conversation and bonding !!
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I work out 5 days a week!! It's my alone time away from my husband and my son. I go to the gym and focus on each and everyday getting more fit. I know that if I don't workout atleast an hour I'm not getting to my goals. I'm able to do it now that my son has his bbed time at 7:30 and he's a little older, my husband can get him ready for bed etc, I'm not sure what will happen when school starts agan, but I hope to continue in the fall.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I work out 6 days per week. Period. If I don't, I'm not a very nice mommy. I'm a SAHM so the girls play while I work out. We are at my mom's in FL right now, so I got up and did my hour this morning before my mom went to play her golf game. I typically work out 1-2 hours per day. I am a runner so I throw that in when I can as well.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011