Moms that have Placenta Previa

Hello, I found out that i have complete Placeta Previa at my doctor appointment last week. Im 16 weeks pregnant now. To any moms that have it or have had it can you give me your experience of having it? I'm getting really worried. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My doctor didnt tell me much about it. Just that i have to take it easy and no sex at all. I had 2 c-sections already so im guessing thats why i have placenta previa with this pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well, I had it and then a placetal abruption, did they tell you to go on bed rest? Many times it will move up on its own,,but you need to talk to your doctor about what to do, no sex for sure!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• He didnt say bedrest. he just said no running, excersise, sex, picking anything up ect.... I have stomach pains every day. did you?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No, I didn't have any stomach pains or cramping, have you bled at all? I think it may be time for a second doctor's visit, Where is the placenta on the sonogram, is it off to the side or right on top of the cervix? They have no idea what causes it for sure, but my doctor put me on complete bed rest. hugs momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No i have noot had any bleeding. He didnt even tell me were the placenta was. he did didnt give much info. I think im going to call my doctor office to find out were my placenta is excatly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well, it can move up over time, did they want to see you on a more regular basis? I would go in with a notepad and write down exactly what they say, mine was over the top of the cervix, and as the baby grows could cause more complications,, hugs, and PM me if you want to chat after what the doctor says.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011