Do you find that people who claim to be "not judgemental" are really very judgemental?

I keep hearing and seeing posts and answers all over the place where people claim to be 'non judgemental'. You know, these people just agree to agree with the idea that people are who and what they are and you cannot change them so don't judge them at all for anything. Let them be completely themselves, .however, in the very next answer I will see that same person judging someone else(looking down their nose at or trying to make them feel guilty) for how much they spent on a new car or article of clothing or purse or whatever. I mean, if another person wants to spend alot of money on an expensive luxury car and just because you believe in driving a tin can with wheels...who are you to still come off judging in that sense either? Remember, just let everyone be their own person no matter if that is their sexual preference, the way they dress or tattoo their body from head to toe or their choice of car for their family....don't be a hypocrit!
If a person wants to buy an un-eco friendly gas guzzling vehicle for luxury or a $500 pair of shoes or a $100 bathing suit, what makes you think it's your job to tell them how you could have done just as well with a $10 bathing suit? or a Ford Fiesta instead? That's you being judgemental. So watch your p's & q's if you claim to be someone who never judges others!! Remember, big spenders and people you don't agree with also get to" just be themselves" too!
Some of you seem to think that being non-judgemental only applies in cases where it concerns some tree-hugging minimalist...anyone else out there is open for you to judge and bash and that's just not so. Everyone ,and I mean everyone is entitled to be themselves without judgement from others according to non-judgemental people. So don't judge anyone for anything! Even in your opinions...don't judge someone else's husband because they are lazy or a drunk either. If you really believe in not being a judgemental person then really follow through on that. Watch yourself. Otherwise, you're no different than anyone else even though you claim to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I think everyone is judgemental, to some degree. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Its weither they try to force their opinion onto others that crosses the line with me. Judge me all you want...I'll judge you right back. I'm not saying I'm right, and I'm not saying you're right. But to push and push on issues to MAKE someone else see things your way is insane. Now, in real life...that changes some. If something involves you, your DH, or your children, you have every right to be judgemental and fight out the issue. If it comes to whats best for you. But, people who say their not judgemental at all are liars. Can you honestly tell me if you hear about someone who murders and/or rapes a young child youre not INSTANTLY going to think...OMG what a effing creep!!! Thats being judgemental...justified or not. Right or not. I judge...I admit. But, I try to control it, and I try VERY hard to see things from all perspectives.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i think everyone is judgemental to some degree. i think it is bs when people claim to be non-judgemental. if a father is sleeping with his 13 year old daughter would the "non-judgemental" people judge then ?? hmm..tsk.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• and, sometimes....my origional judgement is very wrong. Admitted!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Being judgemental is hard work and takes time from my day I do not have and also requires I not be doing anything I can get stoned for and well let he who has done no wrong cast the first stone I am late for my own........
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've never claimed to be non-judgemental, but I can disagree with someone respectfully and try to be more understanding.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Exactly, ...I think there is no such thing as not being judgemental in some way. So I wish they would stop picking and choosing about being judgemental or lay down some definite rules to go by. Do we not judge murders and pedophiles and perverts? You can't just have it both ways. Either it's dont be judgemental about anyone or anything or do be judgemental and everyone has to accept that FACT of life. If you want to go have horns surgically implanted under the skin of your frontal skull, don't do that and say "but don't judge me because it hurts and doesn't feel good". Chances are, people are going to look at you AND have an opinion about you. They cannot tell you NOT to do it but...they are entitled to their own thoughts and opinions about it even though they can't confront you about that. It's your choice to do so but people will think what they will about it and you can't tell them they can't talk about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011