Do you like where you live?

I hate where we live. When we had the chance to move before we married and dh just graduated from college, I begged him to take a job in our hometown. He did and I have regretted it every since. Sure our families are here, and we have a wonderful church 40 min away, but that is it. There is nothing here and we go out of town for everything. People here are not the greatest, either. He is doing very well at work now, so moving would be crazy, and we just make the best of it.
Just curious if I am the only one who feels this way?? (I know this is not really home & garden, but none of the categories really applied!)

AngieBry

Asked by AngieBry at 12:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I love where I live, I wish there were more jobs and that she school was closer but the area is great! Safe, crime free, on a lake, out in the country.. I love me some texas life!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• ladybugwell that's unfortunate that u hate where u live, but i absolutely love the state i live in.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• the area is okay, pretty nice,the people are a bit nosey. but nice, the house is a little small for us anymore. So hopefully we'will be mo0ving sometime soon.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I love our house. I like the look and quiet of our neighborhood, but it just gets too hot in the summer for me. I'm most comfortable in mild weather. I'd like to move, but we need to wait for property values to rebound a little before selling would make sense.

butterfly on head

I make the most of it. For now, I enjoy our pool and waking to sunshine -- while they are a part of our home. Our next place will probably have neither.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• We're in a city, and I don't love it, but we're really close to a lot of resources now. I was rural before and isolated. I don't love the house - we share a duplex - but it's tolerable for a little while more.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I love where I live :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I love the locale, access to EVERYTHING, but the cost of living here is ridiculous.

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I so want to move. I moved here to be close to my parents but they have both passed. But since this is DH's hometown I doubt if we ever leave.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't really care for the city that I live in, and I'd love to move out of this city. I do love the general area (county and state I live in) and ideally I'd like to move back to the city where I was born- which is 20 min away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Nope
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 3:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011