Dark underarms. Will it go away?

My underarms r so dark now (along w other parts) but I was wondering if I had to wait til after my pregnancy for it to go away or can I do something about it now?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Dark underarms, dark around the neck and around other creases are a sign of diabetes. I was born without a thyroid and see an endocrinologist every year and this is what he told me. It is called acanthosis nigricans. I would see a doctor now.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would try rubbing it with hydrogen peroxide and a cotton pad ( or paper towel) for a few days- a couple of times a day. Peroxide tends to mildly help lighten. Good luck !
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• there's nothing you can do about it ......our skin pigmentation can change during pregnancy.......and soon after everything will go back to normal......I know because my neck turned so black wit my last LO it almost look as if it had never been washed....gl
    lovevlj31

Answer by lovevlj31 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2011