Negative HPT but no period? TMI adult content

Alright. Well for some background, I'm 17 years old and I have one child. He was born last November and I do not breastfeed. Since I've had him I've had one period in January. Normally my cycles are about 4 months apart. I have no idea why it hasn't come. My boyfriend and I do use condoms, but since my son was conceived that way I don't have too much faith in them. I'm waiting for my period to get my mirena put in. I took one hpt and a blood test in March just in case. I took another hpt last night. All have been negative. Does anyone know what might be wrong or should I see a doctor? Is this serious? I've also had other "telltale" signs of pregnancy. My breasts have had sharp pains, cramping, I had a tiny amount of blood one day- just enough to be pink when I wiped- Cravings, nausea...

kit_manson

Asked by kit_manson at 12:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• drinking beer

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thanks. You're so helpful.
    kit_manson

Comment by kit_manson (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Any real answers?
    kit_manson

Comment by kit_manson (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You should see your doctor and ask about what's going on.
    Have your cycles always been irregular like that? or just since you had Cael?
    Also, there's always the possibility of you psyching yourself out, and tricking your body into producing symptoms.
    But the best advise would be to see a doctor, and ask for a blood test so you can sure, and make sure your doctor is aware of your concern. :)
    Hope I helped <3
    MeganElizabethH

Answer by MeganElizabethH at 9:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They've always been about 4 months apart, but they've always come within 5 months. The only time it'd been this long was when I was pregnant with Cael. But yeah I'm going to call my doctor.
    kit_manson

Comment by kit_manson (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011