About my 22 month old and potty training

so I have a 22 month old daughter I introduced her to the potty and an she will say a few times a day pee pee and I will bring her but she does not go...and she is always taking off her diaper...So I dont know if I should just try full potty training her or just wait a little longer....the other is its so hard to potty train her bc I baby sit my twin nephews 3 days a week and ther ethe same age as her but there not nearly ready to be potty trained...any advice...thank you in advance

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is probably just curious right now about the potty. If you have doubts that she is ready, give it a few months. 22 months is pretty early. On the otherhand, if you feel she is showing signs, go for it!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree mama, and still can't believe she is already 22 months..wow.. anyway, I think its more curiousity right now than actually being "ready" but just keep bringing her to maintain the interest. Max started off wanting to also and then took a 4 month break of having nothing to do with it.. I think of course it depends on the child but just keep bringing her when she tells you and praise her even when she doesn't actually go..Good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That seems pretty young. I would wait...2 1/2-3 is when girls are usually potty trained. Good Luck!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My oldest was 13 month old when she was potty trained...and she was an early walker too she was walking at 8 months old...it was the craziest thing
    Mamato2angels

Comment by Mamato2angels (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• once they start this, it is usually within a few months of training, you just have to work with them and gradually build up til they do fully understand it and then once they "get it" go cold turkey and usually over a weekend its done, its been my situation w/ 4 kids now. Age doesn't matter! I had 1 that did at 2 1/2 and one as young as 18mths- fully trained, I always began around 13 months trying to teach them what a potty was. HTH. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• just wait & reward after she use potty
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my daughter told me last night i poop i took her diaper off put her on the potty and she went i was so proud of her......
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 6:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2011