Does anyone...

have to be a "middle man" between family members? My brother and sister are literally "disowning" each other and I get to be in the middle. We are all we have now, our parents are gone. It is soooooooo frustrating!!

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 1:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• You can refuse to be put in the middle. Every time one of them says something to you about their feud, just tell them you love them both and they need to work this out between themselves. When you have an event at your house, invite them both, and don't try to hide that fact from either one of them. Grown-ups should act like grown-ups, and I would not allow myself to get involved no matter how hard they try to involve me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'd just make it known that you want nothing to do with their spat..
    You love them both♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would tell them that you are not interested in being put in the middle of their feud. I personally hate when people put me in the middle of their things. When you are in the middle no matter what you do at least one of them is going to be upset with you. Tell them both you love them but you can't be put in the middle of this.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• no. i unplug from drama and mind my own business.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Middle man describes me perfectly. I am the go-between for my mother and grandmother- they are too much alike and it drives them crazy! lol I hate it, but I'd rather them have some relationship as opposed to no relationship, you know? And yes, it's all drama, all the time, kind of like TNT, but I deal.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011