Do you feel pretty?

& when was the last time someone paid you a compliment? I'm single and so fucking insecure it's pathetic.. I just went through a breakup and I swear unless I've got someone around telling me how sexy & beautiful I am my self esteem is in the dirt! It pisses me off I need outside validation so much but I don't know how to come up with it on my own. I feel ugly but I know I must not be because when I am out & about good looking men stare at me & sometimes try & pickup on me and then I get annoyed by that but it does make me feel like I'm not half bad after all. I'm so fucked up! No need to bash me, I do enough of that myself! Words of wisdom anyone?

(have no idea what category this falls under)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Ok my heart goes out to you because I can see in your words that you are going through a whole lot right now. I have felt like this before!
    You are right when you say this, "It pisses me off I need outside validation so much but I don't know how to come up with it on my own."
    Learning self-love & self-worth is a problem many women face! Especially women who are very pretty and are told often, where they define themselves as only that.

So that being said, find other ways to define yourself! Dress down, take off your make up (or most of it) and just learn to love how you look. Take focus off your appearance and channel that focus into improving your personal charisma, skills, talents, abilities as a person. Then, when you put that glamour on, you will have have the "perfect package" in a man's eye. Beauty, confidence, spirit, intelligence, you name it!

Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• How about a makeover or a self-esteem building book/cd. Why are you so hard on yourself? If you need someone to chat with, message me!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree...Makeover or spa or even a pedicure. Make yourself feel good :)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've always had the lowest self-esteem, no thanks to my bio mother. But my Husband knows how to make me feel sexy, every day..He also calls me gorgeous and beautiful countless times daily. I just don't see what He does, but if I did - that'd make me conceited, lol.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 1:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Love Ginger's answer!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011