Food drives

so we are doing a food drive for the local food bank. Each person is supposed to bring in five pounds of food. No problem... But it got me to thinking. Do you use this oppurtunity to clean out your pantry? Or do you buy them new food? Personally I sometimes do a little of both. Sometimes I forget about it so I have to rummage in the pantry.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think rummaging through the pantry is a good idea. Just check the expiration dates. Good luck on the drive!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I always start with my pantry. Good luck! You're an amazing person for helping others!!!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• We actually have WIC and we get the things like dried beans/lentils even though we don't eat them. We get them so that when there is a food drive we can bring them.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I always go to my cupboards first.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do a little of both. But I'd make sure at least half of what you are giving them in the end is food you would want to eat.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011