Not sure what to say

having doubts about my family(cousins) watching my son. she is 24 and she is great with him, but when i ask her questions , its always very vague when she answers me. today he took a van from her house(she lives with her parents) to the early intervention center. well i got a call from the transportation place saying they were waiting out front and no one was coming out to get him. i love my cousin but its getting harder and harder for me to send him there hes 2.5 he needs to be doing things when hes there and lot of times i feel she just watches tv with him. so i had cut it back where he was only going to her once a week. but now its twice a week (starting today) he gets dropped off about 8 and the van gets him at 845 , then they drop him off at 1230 and i will pick him up at 5,

im just getting overwhelmed with my feelings about the situation, has anyone occured this type of feeling?

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would say that if you are not 100% comfortable with it.. then you need to change it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• is there someone else you can have watch him? Can you talk to her about this and what you expect while she watches him?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yes, but if it is only for a few hours, even if he is only watching tv- as long as safety isn't the issue, then he will be fine, just don't let him have tv once you get him. Then again, if it happens that she isn't there again on time, that would be a safety concern to me and I would put him elsewhere.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• well right now i work 40 hours , and was planning on continuing work until the doctor took me out or i had the baby in aug.. need to stay working as long as possible...and i cant really afford much else for care
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011