Why do women feel they need to compare themselves to others?

I heard on Dr. Phil a while ago that the reason women get into so many angry jealous wars (on facebook, myspace, in court etc) is because they have to have someone to compare themselves to, and they have to constantly prove their the "better" one. So, when a woman and her SO's ex cant get along or when a BM and SM are at each others throats constantly, its not about the man...or even the kids...its about being better than the other. And, thats why women make threats with court so quickly...they feel if a judge sides with them, they MUST be the better woman. He also said men are not programed this way and thats why most new DH and exH, and Dads and Stepdads dont get into wars like the moms do. Of course this was generally speaking...and not true for all cases. Do you ladies agree?? Do you have "wars" with your Dh's ex...or your ex's new woman?? If so, do you think this is why....we're "programed" to have to be the better person??

mlmkjw

Asked by mlmkjw at 1:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that women need to feel secure..and some do that by comparing themselves to others. I believe every single woman on the planet does this to some degree.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have noticed some women feel the need to compare. I used to when i was a young teenager, but i grew out of that quickly. Once my personality really developed as an adult & i became much more independent, i began to admire women instead of compare. I think mature women with a strong sense of self don't feel the need to do that. Those types of women appreciate each other rather than compete with each other.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I never do this, I am my own unique individual and I never compare, but then again I have never dealt with an ex anything!

Answer by older at 1:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011