My nine year old still wets the bed every night, what can I do to help her stop wetting the bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I would take her to the dr. I had the same problem when I was that age. I had to be put on meds to help stop the bedwetting. I was going to the bathroom to fast and not totally emptying my bladder and there wasnt enough in there in the middle of the night to make me wake up to go to the bathroom and it was basically leaking out. I would call the dr and see if this is a possibility. After a few months on the meds I was better and never wet the bed again. Hope this helps.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• have you had the doctor check her? something could be wrong with her or it just might be shes a dead sleeper and dont know she needs to go to the bathroom but i would still have a doctor check her to make sure good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Also, when do you stop him/her from drinking at night? That could be a reason also. Call your pedi though
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i was a bedwetter until i was almost 11. i finally just grew out of it. to make it not so bad i couldnt drink a lot in the evening and my mom would actually have to wake me up in the middle of the night to try and go to the bathroom. id try multiple things and if it doesnt get any better maybe talk to your pediatrician
    learae

Answer by learae at 4:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008