What age should a sister and brother stop bathing together?

I have a 4 yo girl and a 2 yo boy. We bathe them together, but I feel it is time to let my 4 yo (soon to be 5 yo) girl take showers on her own...some some supervision of course. My husband thinks it doesn't matter that they bathe together soon. I think my daughter is old enough to seperate them duirng bath time. How old are most kids when they stop bathing with a sibling of the opposite gender? How old are most kids when they start taking a shower with limited supervision?

Ms.Maricel

Asked by Ms.Maricel at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 3.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I was never real comfortable bathing my oldest two together. Theyre 3 years apart, my dd being the older. But I'd say as soon as they start noticing the differences...so probably around 2 or 3. Theyre just curious, and theres nothing wrong with that, but i've always tried to avoid it.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 1:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I only have girls.. They quit bathing together when one was 2 and a half and the other was about 5
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• 3 or 4
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would say 3ish. Or whenever you are no longer comfortable with it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I felt it was time to stop when my daughter was 6 and my son was 4. They stated to talk about each other's butts, and my son asked my why my daughter's weiner went in. Life was much easier when they bathed together, but those days are over!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would stop once the oldest was 3. I have girls...although I don't ever bathe them together. I fail to see how it is time-saving and less stressful to bathe them together....but my kids are not nice to each other so it makes more sense this way, for us.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• And my oldest will be 5 next month and she just recently (past two weeks) started taking supervised showers.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My daughter was about 1 and her brother was 4 or so. They had to be separated because she would not leave his penis alone.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My mom stop letting me and my brother take a bath togeter when we reached the age of 6. I would let my daughter start taking an unsupervised shower at 7. Its a good age that she could shower by herself and not need the supervision of an adult.
    DeeAnna04

Answer by DeeAnna04 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011