I need help pottytraining ....

So my son is 2 1/2 and i just started pottytraining.. He does not want to do it ... I put underwear on him and everything and he hid in the closet to pee because he knew he was doing something bad... and when i put him on the toilet he pushes and says i cant do it ... any advice mommas???

gio143

Asked by gio143 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't make a big deal of it, dont buy into his behavoir.
    lots of positive reinforcements try a sticker book. one sticker for peeing and two for a BM..
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Is dad around? Have daddy take him to the potty all weekend and every time he is home. My husband and I have always used the bathroom infront of the kids. Then when our oldest started, he knew how to stand and pee LOL My dad, their PaPa also pees with my boys .... more of how to do it for my 20 month old.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes he is around and we do use the bathrm in front of him but according to dad since im a stay at home mom i should be traing him not dad and i do try to reward him but it dont work cuz he wont go on the toilet he alreadt had accidents so far and nothin in the toilet
    gio143

Comment by gio143 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• just be passint wait
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have potty trained 4 kids and they all were so different. The best thing I can tell you is they will let you know when they are ready and pull ups are a huge waste of money and did not help.
    liv4myboys

Answer by liv4myboys at 6:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm def not buying pullups they r just like diapers I had actually bought him underwear so he went through the 3 pack i bought him .. I guess ill try again next week but still ask him to use the toilet while he wears a diaper
    gio143

Comment by gio143 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• all i can say is good luck and keep trying
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I suggest a no pants weekend. Give him lots of water and ask him to go potty on the toilet and give him an m&m every time he does. That's what I did and it's working great. Before I tried just putting her in undies and she would just have accidents. Good luck!
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 9:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• @ Flippindadaisie I was acctually goin to try the no pants thing after he went through his undearwear but i ended up putting on loose shorts guess i'll try that next.. thankx ladies I really do appreciate and need all the advice you'll can give me....oxoxox
    gio143

Comment by gio143 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think you might be starting to try too early. Most boys train closer to 3.5. When he wants to train, it wil happen quickly.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011