Are there children that you know that you feel sorry for?

Maybe the parents just don't seem to care enough?
Or are over the top strict?

Case in point.. I have a neighbor who feeds her kids three meals a day. If they don't eat that meal they must wait till the next meal. There are no snacks whatsoever in her home. Her kids are 3, 5, 6, and 18 months. While her kids aren't starved, I think a few of them are to young for being so strict with food. When they are at my house she asks that I not give them snacks. It makes me feel bad because I believe in healthy snacks and my dd has access to plenty of them.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• No snacks at all?? that's not good for growing babies/kids at all.. sad..
    Um yeah, but most of them are CM' anon posters ..lol!~and well my sister, she's a crappy mother - my sil too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i feel sorry for the kids(age range looks to be around 8-14) that run around our neighborhood on 4-wheelers, unsupervised and apparently, unskilled or taught to use them properly. i just know another one will get hurt or killed because of it.
    and yes, i've contacted the police(3x), written the papers, contacted local tv..everything short of going to the parents and slapping the snot out of them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yes, there certainly are.....

My ex's kids. He had kids from a previous marriage before me...i thought i could help those kids & be their mom...but their dad was such an ass, i had to leave. I have so much guilt, i feel like i just left them like their mom did. But, it was necessary. I was getting no respect in that marriage & he cheated with my best friend. I miss those kids, i worry about them & i pray for them all the time. Their dad won't let them come to my house...because he knows how much they love me & he hates that...breaks my heart daily.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• that's really sad, sam.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Not that I know personally but I've seen some things that CMer's have posted that have made me very sad for their kids. Not too long ago someone posted about her daughter standing on her crockpot or something....her posts were cringeworthy. Really? You're that mad at your 5 yr old for breaking your crockpot and why the heck does your five yr weigh only 32 lbs and why is your 5 yr old standing on your crockpot to look for food?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've always wondered what is it like being the only child. DH is the only child and he sometimes expresses discontent of the decision of his parents to have only one child. IDK
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I feel bad for my nieces....doesn't seem like either parent cares all that much about them. As for the situation you mentioned, that is awful. I hate how pedis tell you not to let your kids be grazers, but then when you become an adult, they say grazing is best for weight control. We aren't meant to eat 3 full meals a day. We are supposed to eat 5 smaller meals - healthy meals. My kids graze all day and are very healthy. I would feel terrible to deny them food.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I feel really bad for the kids who are put last..

I see parents who would rather party and drink and have sex with guys..rather than be with their children..

Poor kids.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Syphon - My dd wasn't much bigger than that at 5. She as always been small for her age. She just recently shot up in height and weight. From the time she was 4 till 7 she only gained about 5 pounds. The docs ran all kinds of tests. But she was perfectly healthy. So I can't judge her on that. But the anger she portrayed was scary.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Ok well maybe the kids weight is fine but yeah the anger and that the kid was standing on the crockpot to get food. Made me feel like posting "hey take my crockpot...I never use it! But please take your kid out of solitary confinement!" but she deleted her post.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011