Is she a homewrecker?? adult content

A man is married and seperated from his wife. He falls in love with someone else and has an affair. Within the next year the man is divorced. There are no children involved, just the man and his children (grown) from a prior marriage. And, the couple was married for 3 years. Does the "other woman" classify as a homewrecker??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• No.. the two were separated.

Plus.. the man had the previous commitment to the original woman.. the other woman==no commitment at all.

Maybe the man didn't tell her he was even married..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The other woman is never a homewrecker she might be trash but she isn't that special or powerful to break up a home. Just there for the husband to use up.

In this case she might be setting herself up for failure being the rebound person but she hasn't done anything wrong. I personally wouldn't want to involve myself with anyone who wasn't fully divorced and had time to process their divorce.
    Anonymous

• There is a difference between a trial seperation and a seperation where the divorce has been filed for and it's just a matter of agreeing on details and the divorce being deemed being final when the two people sign or the judge deems it as final. I think. It doesn't sound like they were seperated to see if they could work out their differences. So I would say NO. However, this happened to me also and the family still looks at me as the homewrecker for some reason.. I think they believe that I met him before divorce and it's just not true. I think they just want someone to blame.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure to the ex wife she is. IF he was legally separated then no she isn't a home-wrecker
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No. If they were separated, except for paperwork, there is no commitment left.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No. My husband was not divorced but he was separated when he and I hooked up. I am not a homewrecker.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Not if she came about after the seperation.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• re: Anon Trash you say? If someone is has filed for a divorce and have waited nearly 3mos for papers and attorneys to get things together...how in the world does that make the other woman the man met during seperation period trash. If he's living on his own and says he's waiting for divorce to just be final. Sounds like he's willing and open to date to me. You sound like someone who was on the receiving end of divorce papers and are bitter and angry and wanting someone to blame but Yourself. I married my guy and actually his first wife was the trash for 18 years. Ice queen and lazy to boot...then she wonders why in the world he would ever want to leave? duh.
    Anonymous

• if he was legally separated then no, if they were just on a break, yep!

zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If they were already separated, then no. A homewrecker is a term used for a woman who has a relationship with a married man who subsequently leaves his wife to be with her.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011