Feelin a little hurt over this...

I cant believe how one person can cause so much drama over something so stupid. I didnt do anything wrong, just went out with a couple of friends to get experience on taking photos, we didnt have a clear plan when we went out to take pics, we just spent 4 hours driving around town and just fed off each others ideas of where to go and how to pose. since i figured out that im better with scenery than people i talked to a few local farmers to photograph their properties. I post the pics i do on fb so friends and family can see them and also so people that own the property can easily take the photos for their use. and because of that i had other people offer to pay me to come out to their place and take pics. I had people send friend request saying so and so said u did the pics of their farm, then they post comments on my wall asking me to come out to their place. Because this one woman got pissed off cause my friends and I did pics with tractors, trees, and bridges, saying that i copied her. i didnt the town is small not many places to go to do pics and i learned about poses, angles and lighting from the many how to--- photography books that i bought. I was able to download close to 50 e-books for a very low price. I spent hours reading and taking notes and applied what i learned from those books to my photography, that was the point of all these books. cause this woman is making a big deal about this i had lost friends, and she had other friends email me saying all kinds of crap. the only thing i did wrong was step up and got more involved in photography. its been a hobby of mine since i was 14 and im just now gettin more serious about it, im 31 now. trying to ignore her ignorance is hard when i get such rude emails and having friends block me over this.
thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• @meooma-If this was posted, it must have been in a different area because this is the first time I have read this post. I agree with the posters, sounds like your pictures might have been better than hers and she is upset. What difference does it make to her if you are enjoying your hobby? It isn't like she is the first person to take pictures of farms and rural scenery. I live in that kind of area and those types of pictures hang in lots of local restaurants for people to buy. I agree that you should just ignore her and let it go. Keep taking your pictures and don't worry about it. Even if you did copy her, who cares? Many artists base their art on the works of earlier artists.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 8:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sounds like jealousy to me. I say carry on, and don't worry about the rest. Friends you would lose over something like this were not friends to begin with. They were only acquaintances.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• As I said before, I think she's totally jealous of you. Tell her to step off, and don't read any emails you may get from her or her friends. The people that deleted and blocked you are not true friends, because if they were, they would have gotten your side of the story first, and realized that the other chick is crazy! I'm so sorry that this has become such a point of contention for you, and I just wanted to say that you are definitely entitled to doing your pics and posting them wherever you want, and you shouldn't have to defend yourself at all. Block that other chick and go on with your life!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If u lost friends over this, they weren't worth it to begin with.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• just ignore her. She's not worth the time.I smell some jealousy here.
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 5:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I was unaware a tractor could be copyrighted! :o) As long as there is no copyright on any of the photos you have taken (and they would have to be identical to the one that was copyrighted) legally you are fine. Just block the person if you are being harrassed on FB and let it go. I would also say she is just jealous, so that says something about your photography skills!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• – collapse
    Is this a rant, vent or a real Question please? There are Vent groups, just so you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 (hidden) + expand