Can i switch to Nestle Good Start?

My baby has been on the Similac Sensitive R.S. for a while now. At first we like to have found nothing that she could handle. Everything gave her terrible gas. SHe is doing well on the Similac Sensitive R.S., but it still does cause some constipation. I have to give her a minimum of 4oz of prune juice a day, and sometimes i have to give her miralax to make it soft. Would a swithto something like good start in the orange can be good? We have tried almost all the similacs and enfamils. We havn't tried any of the good starts. I am a little worried about the lactose it it though. What do you think? SHould i stay on the same of try switching? She is almost 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd ask the doctor first, especially since she has had GI issues with other formulas.

and from my experience, I don't think I'd recommend Good Start for her with the other problems you listed that she's had with formulas.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Usually it's best to stick with what you've got. Get a sample of the one yo want to try, see how she does on it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I think you could try it. If it would make her more comfortable. I think I have read that the DHA & ARA can cause constipation, so I would either ask your pediatrician what they know about it, or just get the kind without that in it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• my daughter was somewhat the same way...we tried everthing too...nestle good start was AWESOME!! so i highly reccommend it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I can tell your from experience the more you switch the more your little one will stay constipated. Before I introduced her to a new formula I would flush her system with a day's worth of pedialyte. Then start the new formula.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My dd is on the good start and she loves it! She is never cranky and never constipated! Give it a try you have nothing to loose!
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i switched to good start from neosure at 9 months thinking it would do so much better for my daughter's reflux, but it made absolutely no difference. if the rs is working, i'd probably stick with it if you can. hope this helps.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Could she be lactose intolerant? Maybe if you switch to a non Milk based formula it would help. Most formulas are basically the same thing, so I don't think changing brands will help very much.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008