In laws

I wonder if my in-laws willever like me or accept me..I never did anything to them not to like me I just got a drama sister-in-law that everyone stick too even if she is wrong...no one puts her in her place or they her that she is wrong...been with my husband 17 years with 3 lil girls....my in laws a missing out so much...they dont have to love me but respect me in front of my kids...

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 2:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree. Some people will always just be assholes and your children, although sad to say, aren't missing out on that much if this is how they choose to be.. sucks but you are the better Person just by wanting to make it better for the kids, but it has to be like that on both sides.. dh and I just have to come to the conclusion that no matter what you do, some people just suck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• They may not. I can tell you from my own personal experience that you can spend a life-time trying to make it happen, and it still may not. My best advice to you is to love your husband, go with him to visit them, smile a lot and speak when spoken to. That way, you will be showing support for your husband and the in-laws will see that you are a loyal wife, even though they may never acknowledge that either. And don't complain to your husband about how they treat you, because the truth is that he cannot do one thing about it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• but Jamie why does it bother us and hurt us...they dont care about us and our family...and I feel so bad for the girls...jenna seen her Vavo"grandmother" and said you need to be nice to my mom!!!! isnt that something...they put me down in front of the kids and they still dont get it...Heidy will be two soon and the last time they seen her she was 5 months old...dont they care
    Mamato2angels

Comment by Mamato2angels (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sadly if it has been 17 years and they have not yet accepted you they probably never will. What does your husband think about it? Have either of you tried speaking directly to your in laws and flat out asked why they don't accept or respect you?
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my husband hate the way they treat me ...we havnt talk to them in over a year do to hubby not wanting them treating me the way they do
    Mamato2angels

Comment by Mamato2angels (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• the girls the mother and the three sisters stick together...one dont like you they all dont and we have talked so much over the years..
    Mamato2angels

Comment by Mamato2angels (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It is sad.. and totally not fair that WE are the ones that care for our kids about this.. it will be THEM missing out, I promise.. they will realize you are an amazing mother and provider and if they have questions later, you can be honest and tell them you tried and if they want to make the effort, they will end up seeing how they are also, people like that never change.. I think your girls will be better off not being around people who disrespect and treat you bad.. I think it shows how big your heart is that you still care and are trying.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• aww..Jamie...u bring tears to my eyes...you know more than anyone what I have gone through and thank you for being there..I just want the girls to have the best life they can have...I love seeing them smiling even if its around those who disrespect me..it worth it..

Mamato2angels

Comment by Mamato2angels (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• who cares if they are the way they are. You have that option of not being near them. if you are treated with disrespect for no reason, then you need to stay the hell away from them. and don't feel guilty about your daughters not seeing them. teach your daughters that you shouldn't be disrespected by no one especially by family. and as far as your husband goes, he hates it but is he doing anything about it. don't worry about it, they are just people and you don't need to deal with all that.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011