can anyone tell me why

why do so many moms choose men over their own kids????????? my mom and aunt do this but i dont talk to my mom anymore because of all the things she did when i was a kid

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I think no matter what your children should come first. Even to your husband. Your child came from you - your body. If it was to come down to having to chose between your child && your husband. No one should even have to think twice!
    CourtneyAnn8690

Answer by CourtneyAnn8690 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I really don't have an answer for that one. I've known many that do it though and it pisses me off. I know I'd pick my kids over any man. Men come and go, my kids will always be my kids.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• thats the way i feel to but it makes me sick to see it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I think some women just get too caught up in their relationships, especially new ones. It's like before I got married, anytime I met a new guy, I spent every moment I had with him, pushing everything else aside. However, I didn't have kids. I don't know how it would have happened if I had had kids, but I sure would never choose a man over my kids.

srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• CONTD

My mom actually did this to us for about 2 years. She chose a loony over her 3 daughters, and took his every word over ours. He was manipulating her from the beginning, and had brainwashed her (I'm dead serious, not exaggerating). She finally started to see what he was doing to her AFTER all three of us had completely turned against her and wanted nothing to do with her. She quickly realized what she had to do after seeing how dangerous of a man he was, and it took her about 6 months to get away from him, because she was scared for us kids mostly, and wanted to break it off clean so nothing would happen. Thankfully, now our relationship is back to normal and she feels horrible about all of it.

If you have a friend in a bad situation or she is doing her kids wrong, maybe you should have a talk with her and let her know how her kids are being affected by this.
    srhmldndo

• its not about choosing someone over someone but I will say this when you get married you are making you and your husband one and equal. Now if it was some random guy it'd be different but I would NEVER pick someone over someone between my fiancee and my baby but I think your supposed to see your husband as your equal and what you have to give to the baby
    Anonymous

• I have no idea. I see it happen so much and I just can't imagine my children coming second to any man even my own husband.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have a simple solution to this if its between your husband and kids....DONT CHOOSE honestly where in the text does it say we HAVE to choose. I see my FAMILY as in my hubby and my baby as NUMBER 1 theres the solution to that
    Anonymous

• well look a t moms like casey anthony
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008