How long did u wait to get ur tubes tied????

ive have 2 girls and finally blessed with a boy due soon i want to get my tubes tied rite after the birth but most ppl say wait im 28 kinda young im happy with 3 but one of my friends who had 2 girls and finally a boy got her tubes tied rite after birth and the baby passed 4 days later how long did u wait to ge ure tubes tied

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have two boys and a new baby girl(9months old), i would have gotten them tied if my second boy was a girl. I wouldnt stop until i got her,needed the dress up stuff to do and boys wont let you do that :)
    DeeAnna04

Answer by DeeAnna04 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I always think back to my uncle.... he got married at 20 to this biatch. He was a drummer in a band, touring and opening for famous bands and very decent looking w/ long drummer hair. She wouldn't marry him til he got snip snipped..... he literally had to goto another STATE because he ran out of local drs. No one wanted to make infertile this rockin' 20 yr old in the prime of his life. This completely turned me off of being "fixed". I also think a woman should never do it, that man should. It's a super simple outpatient procedure for him. If I were to consider it (which I never would) I'd have my hubby snipped after our 4th kid perhaps (we have 2 kids now)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• after four kids
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• well unless you have a csection you have to wait 6 weeks, which is what I waited. I had 2 girls and then a boy and then I was DONE! do what makes you happy, if you dont want any more kids then get them tied, and btw I'm 22 and I was 21 when I got mine tied!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Just wait. My BIL was 29. He had 2 beautiful girls and was done. He got a vasectomy. Then his marriage fell apart, got divorced, 5 years later remarried. And he could never have more children. He ended up horribly depressed and that marriage ended too. I think because of his not being able to have kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have my tubes tied, but I was 40 when I had it done.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• if you are not 100% sure that you never want another no matter what the future holds, don't do it period...
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Our youngest is my 4th baby, the 5th child in our blended family. We were 100% sure we are done. Even if something happened to one of them I don't want any more babies. He was about 8 weeks old when I had the surgery. I made the initial appt when he was about a month old and there is a mandatory 30 day wait period for you to change your mind and I had it done the day it was up.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011