Braxton Hicks??

Last night i was laying down going to bed (not moving just laying there) and i got very sharp pains in my lower stomach and my back. it wasnt a ligament pain, that was fast and sharp, it was a sharp pain that lasted about 2 min and almost made me cry. i got them on and off last night for about 20-25 minutes... does it sound like braxton hicks?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• maybe... but braxton hicks are usually not that painful. I'd call the doc. my braxton hicks (3 kids) never hurt like that and normally just made me look like I swallowed a basket ball LOL my belly got very tight, but no major pain.
    Anonymous

• I never had any type of pain with braxton hicks contractions.. I agree with the pp ask the doctor.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I don't think braxton hicks are "sharp" pains. They can be painful when you are very far along (but are not painful in everyone) but it is usually more of a cramping pain rather than a sharp pain. It actually sounds more like gas pains. I had something like this late in my pregnancy too. Walking helps and so does getting on all fours and doing pelvic rocks. I had gas pains so bad that I thought I was going into preterm labor! I left work and went home, but I felt better after a good walk and some pelivic rocking. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• its not a gas pain either it was weird, ive been having some cramps the past few days as well. but then i wont feel anything for a while. so i know its not real labor pains...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Don't think that was Braxton Hicks...
    Anonymous

• To me it sounds like really sharp kicks. But it would be something to talk to your doctor about.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• yeah i just said its really sharp pains.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008