What do I do about kids tearing up my Curtains? adult content

My kids keep playing and accidentally keep pulling the curtains down off the windows. I've tried everything to get them to stop and no matter what the consequences are they keep pulling the curtains down. I was finally forced to remove all the curtains and blinds in our home. (they were tearing down the blinds as well) It's like they have an overwhelming desire to play with them that is impossable for them to resist.

We live in FL and get alot of sunlight though the windows which is keeping the house hot. I desperately to put something over the windows, but because of the kids we can't do curtains or blinds.

The kids are 13yr, 8yr, 6yr & 3yr. The older 3 have Asperger's. (I know it seems irrelevant, but it might explain why they keep doing it.)

Any suggestions on what to do or put on the windows Instead of curtains? Out of the box ideas are welcomed too.

Thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• a stronger curtain rod is what we had to use. Basically, unless the fabric rips those babies aren't coming down!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No curtains at all?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011