Wic

im on wic and i was wondering when the baby comes wat will be items they have me to get

kaydence111

Asked by kaydence111 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• depends on if youre breastfeeding or not...but usually milk cheese cereal bread fruits and veggies eggs beans
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• basically the same. you get your choice between having cheese or extra milk, and if you decide to breastfeed it will most likely be the exact same, if not they will provide formula and take some of the other stuff away. it really all depends on where you live, and if your going to be doing the breast or bottle.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 2:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• When your baby comes..if you breast feed (milk cheese beans pb..etc)
    Not breastfeed--cans of formula
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I got the same things until my daughter was 6 months (it stopped bc I wasn't breastfeeding anymore) and they stared giving us formula at 3 months because my daughter refused to breastfeed.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Same items you are getting right now, if you are breastfeeding, you are getting few more new things til the baby is 8 months they will start add baby food/rice cereals. (so if you are doing formula feeding then you are getting same thing and get formulas also but not much as like you will get from breastfeeding list. they do have list to compare and you'll see difference between in both)
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 4:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• formula, and you will get, milk eggs, cheese , butter, cereal, juice and all that until the baby is 6 onthes old, then the baby will also get cereal ( baby) and jar food and infant juice unitl 1 year, after that they get milk, eggs, juice etc.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I nursed, this is what I got. Milk, juice, cheese, eggs, tuna, carrots, beans or peanut butter, fresh/canned/frozen veggies, bread. You get these until baby is 1 if you nurse the whole time. If you don't nurse, you only get checks until 6 mos post partum. Baby will get checks starting at 3-6 mos for juice, cereal and now they do baby food too, then after they turn 1 they get milk, eggs, juice, cheese, bread, beans or peanut butter, and fresh/canned/frozen veggies.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Oh, we never got the cereal because we didn't use it. You don't have to use all the checks, but I believe you DO have to get all the items on a specific check.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011