Do you have a daily chore list you follow? Monday-laundry, Tue-Dust/Vac etc

I do.
Today is my errand and mow the lawn and change pool filter/clean pool day.(plus cooking etc always)
Tomorrow will be Vacuum, Mop, Dust, Change all sheets day and so on each day of the week.

I just wondered how many Moms follow an orderly list each week and how many wing it and what works better for everyone.
If you wing it, do you wish you could follow a schedule better (like with little bitty ones, for example) or if you are a scheduled person, do you wish you could be more free to do whatever whenever type thing?
I'm always interested in finding a new idea that I haven't tried or picking up something new I've never thought of. (plus, I have to ask 5 Q a day now, Lol)

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 2:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I try to do something everyday, but the main scrubbing day is Wednesday...laundry, dishes, etc. is everyday. I clean the pool every couple of days, clean the filter, add chlorine and shock once a week. I work and my off days vary so does my errand days...tomorrow is FUN day and grocery shopping day. I wish I could be more routine, but not with the schedules we have around here...I do good to accomplish the things I do...I am just excited that I FINALLY called and got my two younger kids a dentist appointment, lol...Been meaning to do it all summer and now that it is half over, I got it scheduled :)
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 3:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have a schedule for the school year but during the summers I am a bit more relaxed. I do much better on a schedule though.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I used to be that organized. I am lucky I remember my name most days now! LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I for the life of me can not do structure & schedules lol I do wish that I could do it but also enjoy my free way of doing things. Each day is just like whatever floats our boat haha It also helps that I am sahm. If we want to go to the beach that day then we pick up & do it leaving behind all chores! I like to live by the moment instead of having it all planned out to a T however, when it comes to doing anything out of the normal like a vacation I have to have things pretty darn organized & planned out otherwise I get anxiety. Does any of that make sense bc it does in my head! haha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I fly - flylady.net
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do. mondays shop and usual chores like everyday chores like dishes, sweep the kitchen floor, kitchen cabinets, make beds, pick up the house, tuesdays usual chores but add the bathrooms and vacumning, weds slow day and usual chores, clean out fridge and food cabinet for trash, thursday usual chores, friday strip and wash and make beds, sat and sun coupons, kroger website, plan list for shopping. I do launrdy every other day. So I do divide my chores into different days so have a little time for tv, playing with my 3 girls and even my time for weakness which is read books and mags.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i tried schedules: it causes anxiety for me and too high of expectations. and it is boring to plan out the day i think
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 3:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• not really a list.. I know what I have to do during the day to keep the house clean.. and when I notice something has to be done extra that day I do it..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I started out with flylady.net until i got my entire house, garage and every pantry, cabinet and drawer in working order in this house. I get up at 5am and most of my chore work is done for the day by 8am, then I can run errands or something when stores open. Then, the rest of my day is free to do whatever. Like being on CM, reading, swimming pool everyday when the sun is fully on it (need trees trimmed this year over pool). I have kissed anxiety goodbye forever now. I really do have to commend flylady.net...she doesnt miss a thing to help you with. Only complaint was so many emails but you can shut those off and just check site daily.
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011