Has a friend/ family member stolen your baby name

kellylong78

Asked by kellylong78 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Baby Names

• No, but I don't look at it that way.....I'd use the name anyway if I liked it...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would use the name anyways, especially if they child would have a different last name!
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• YES!!! I announced the names I had picked out for a boy and a girl and two days later a friend posts "We finally picked a name, Connor James!" I was mad.. well mad doesn't cover it.. anyway it turned out I had a second daughter but I'm still angry.. I mean ASK, don't just take, I might not have been so mad if she had just asked!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes my own mother....5 years ago me and hubby was going thru fertility issues and had already picked out names girl was Maddie anyway my own mother go a maltesse dog and named it Maddie.. And yes she knew that was my name I had already picked out. One day I calmy asked that will be odd having 2 Maddies her replay to me "pick another name" my mother has issues
    Tyler_mom1996

Answer by Tyler_mom1996 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nope all my relatives consider our baby names to be too common. If you love it still use it and maybe give them a different nickname.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 2:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well me and my hubby's aunt were pregnant at the same time. She flew to San Fran to see me for a little bit and we both about 3 months along. We just happened to be talking about names and turns out we both LOVE the name Annabelle for a girl, she told me I could use it if I found out I was having a girl (she is convinced she will only have boys). My hubby hates the name, she had a boy, so I hope she can use it, my hubby HATES the name...we both love it! But I am using a name that a distant friend is using, but I don't care...our kids will probably never meet and I am using the name bc it is my grandmother's name.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nope the names i picked for my girl & boy u dont hear to much..Haidyn Michelle for my DD & Dax Mitchell for my DS
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 2:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Love your kids names Chel. :-) I think it is better to keep the names to yourself until they are born. It just keeps these things at bay...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 3:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No but I would use it anyway. There are several cousins with the same names in my family. Some of them are old family names and some were just that the parents chose the same name.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• How is it possible for someone to steal something that is not owned? Getting mad because someone else names their child the name you are considering is absolutely assanine....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011