Something my cousin, ( my mom's longtime friend's daughter), has said really made me think she also has mental problems...

Well she is bisexual, and turns everything into a negative no matter how happy the situation. Everyone comes running when she is feeling down and it is irritating to hear her complain when she is so comfy but just bored.
Like for example... she posted a statement on facebook just out of the blue that she was bisexual and for that reason she could never be monogamous. She also will tell this to strangers at stores just to see their reactions and then complains that they are prejudice because they don't know what to say.
I don't think that's what bisexual means. So I wrote in response that, "I don't really care about the definition of any sexual preference, I believe people should be respectful, honest, faithful and trusting to whomever they choose to be with. Basically monogamous. Just be the best person you can be."
She freaked out on me. Was I insulting her?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 2:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• She thought you were insulting her.....It doesn't sound like she has mental problems as much as she is just spoiled....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well if you know she is a drama queen which sounds like she is and you already kind of knew that then I would if I was in your shoes just steer clear of her
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I dont know sounds like you can never please her. Many people are like this & as you said shes always negative no matter what. These are the kinds of people that I pick to not be friends with & if I have to tolerate them & ignore them being dumb. Weather she has mentle issues or depressoin issues or something I dont know I'd have to know more of how she acts etc to determine that. Good luck, I didnt find what you wrote to be offensive.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think she THINKS you offendend her.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I just found her on facebook a couple months ago, and she is always miserable it seems. Even when she takes her daughter out places for family activities. I even told her about cafemom and she could find something to do on here, but she acted as if I insulted her then.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sounds like she is just a spoiled drama queen who thrives off of surrounding herself and others with drama. Doesn't mean she is mental, but may look like it to "normal" people! I am guessing that you knew your response would get a reaction out of her, as normal as your response was, you know how she acts.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• First, monogamy isn't for everyone. For some people polyamorous relationships work best. If she and her partner(s) are okay with that, then it's not any of your business what's right or wrong about it. BUT, it's bullshit that the reason she can't be monogamous is because she's bisexual. Bisexual people are monogamous all the time.

She sounds like a real Eeyore. I'd just be annoyingly positive on Facebook until she unfriended me lol. Pretend you have sunshine coming out your butt every time you talk to her and she will either change her attitude around you or get sick of it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I actually have only talked to her about 5 times since I found her on facebook. Before that we haven't talked since she was 8 years old, making me 10 at the time. Her family moved to Montana. And no I don't believe everyone should be monogamous, only a person I am with needs to be monogamous really. If you read my statement you would have read that it said, Whomever they choose to be with." She has a very nice woman in her life who she promised to stay faithful too and hasn't. No I did not know she would respond like this, I was trying to cheer her up.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• She is just a drama queen and I definitely wouldn't let her bother me.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I read "Whomever they choose to be with" as "you must be with ONLY one person", but I see how how I was wrong. Pardon my mistake :)

Anyway, I still say be super annoyingly nice. She'll leave off.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011