How can I kindly tell him he stinks?

For some silly reason my DH doesn't wear deodorant or socks with his shoes and it's driving me nuts! His feet sink and I have a hard time not making faces or comments but its getting to be too much..

I put his shoes outside as soon as they come off his feet to air out but what about his actual feet?!

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 3:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• As far as the deodorant thing goes, I would go buy some with matching body spray (like Axe) that smells FANTASTIC and tell him that you think it would smell so yummy on him, and give him a sexy lil' wink. My man is much more inclined to do things if it'll get him laid... hehe

The foot thing, buy some odor eaters insoles and just kindly ask if he wouldn't mind please wearing socks so you don't have to smell his feet all day. No point in being rude or telling him he smells bad, just ask and offer up a remedy.
    Its.Me.T.

Answer by Its.Me.T. at 3:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I had an issue with my DH, his breath always smells bad...even after brushing his teeth. I bought him gum as a subtle hint.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 3:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I guess buy him some foot powder or spray.........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If he is your husband I would think you could just tell him also cheap not real leather shoes will cause you to not be able to breathe they stink so bad, try soaking his feet in half water and vinegar. Maybe you could have a hot wash cloth with strong body soap ready when he gets home wash his feet for him and he would be happy and so would your nose......other than that hmmmmm
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 3:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Just tell him. You dont have to be rude, just say that you notice he has a really strong body odor, and it bothers you. You're married, you should be able to talk about stuff like this! :) When my man smells bad, I let him know right away... and he usually takes care of it pretty quick :) Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• maybe I will just have to be blunt about it.
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Tell him. Just say "your feet reek!! Wear socks!!" He is your husband, he can take it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Blunt is the way to go! Loving of course.. but no reason to hint around.. just tell him you smell!!!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Toothpaste is for teeth. He needs mouthwash! Y isn't he wearing deodorant?

...+
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have no idea why he doesn't use deodorant, he used to and one day just stopped but with this summer heat it's killing me.. I was kinda hoping on of the kids would mention it lol
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011