18 month old baby

I have a 18 month baby girl and she is not walking yet. She walks around the table, holding to things, but she has no balance to walk herself. She is very active otherwise. I went to a surgeon orthopedic pediatric and he said she has no orthopedic problems. If she doesnt walk in a month or 2 i should go and see a neurologist. Did anyone had this kind of issues ? Please advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmm if she is cruising it sounds to me like she just doesnt have the courage to walk by herself. Some kids just take awhile although if it is concerning you, go to a doctor and rule out brain issues as soon as you can so you dont have to worry anymore
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• every child is different. Sounds like they are just about ready to, do they walk when you walk with their hand. My son was a little delayed in crawling and then he wasn't walking unaided before, but he eventually go it. I would just keep working with your baby.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• its nomal she just scared she sounds healthy my was same way
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011