How can I reduce my appetite???????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• I would like to know that answer.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Drink lots of water, make sure you drink 8oz before each meal, or anytime you feel like having a snack, have some water or unsweetened tea.

Make sure you are getting adequate protein, and not just from meat, but from whole grains and legumes.

Make sure you are eating nutrient-rich foods in the first place, processed foods and other empty calories (including soda) don't do anything for your body, so it stays hungry because it is waiting for some actual nutrients.

Don't wait until you are "starving" to eat. You're more inclined to binge.

Sit down when you eat, and ENJOY your food, eat it slowly. It takes 20 minutes for your body to process food enough to signal to your brain that you are full, so after your first helping of a meal, sit quietly for a few minutes before deciding whether or not to go for that second helping.
    Its.Me.T.

Answer by Its.Me.T. at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• In that first part, I meant to say "have some water INSTEAD of a snack." Usually your body's first response to dehydration is a sensation of hunger, not thirst.
    Its.Me.T.

Answer by Its.Me.T. at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nice ideas. Nothing ever helped with my appetite until I had 3 different kinds of Chemo. Now I'm back to always being hungry. But we're down on our luck with food and I' can't prepare much. I hope you find what helps & works!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It is natural to go through cycles of where you just can't satify your appetite. When this happens I always like to do a fast- that corrects my appetite very effectively!
    mjsgirl

Answer by mjsgirl at 3:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I replace 2 meals a day with Arbonne choc and vanilla protein shakes with a fiber booster in them that truly curb myappetite. Otherwise, I woudl eat like a pig! ha! It really works. I lost 4 lbs in one day just by replacing 2 meals a day! would love to share more with you! I love it!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 4:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Ok well, losing 4 pounds in one day is NOT healthy at all! lol Be careful! That said, I invite you ALL to take a look at my challenge Journal and seriously consider it! Msg me if you have and questions! =)
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011