Electric skillet????

Yesterday for my birthday I recieved an electric skillet from my mil....But um besides fried chicken legs what else can i use it for???????
any great know hows would be deeply appreicaited....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Anything you can cook on a stove top skillet.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• You can cook ANYTHING in it! I love mine!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yep, pretty much anything! I mainly use ours to do fried chicken like you mentioned, but I've done all sorts of things in ours. It was especially useful last month when our Gas stove went out and I had nothing to cook on!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• funny you asked,,i love mine now.....................next weekend im doing pork chops,,,,,,,,,last week i did a roast ,,,(pot) and just covered it,,,,,,ummmmmmmmmm,,,,,i fried my eggplant for my parmasian sp?,,,,,,,,,it fried well and fast...............you can go on to electric skillet(put in the brand .com,,there shld be recipes
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Electric skillets are good for almost anything you'd cook on the stove top...and even better than the stove for some things, because (especially if it's a good one!) it is evenly heated. It's perfect for braising...There is a post on my blog for Swiss Steak that we make in my mom's electric skillet if you want an example:

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/search/label/swiss%20steak

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We had one when I was a kid. But the only thing I ever remember my mom cooking in it was stroganoff, lol. I'm sure she used it for other stuff but that's what I remember. I wish I had one but we don't have room for more small appliances.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008